TheRole: Associate Director - Technical Architect
The Team: The OSTTRA Technology team is composed of Capital Markets Technology professionals, who build, support and protect the applications that operate our network. The technology landscape includes high-performance, high-volume applications as well as compute intensive applications, leveraging contemporary microservices, cloud-based architectures
The Impact: Together, we build, support, protect and manage high-performance, resilient platforms that process more than 100 million messages a day. Our services are vital to automated trade processing around the globe, managing peak volumes and working with our customers and regulators to ensure the efficient settlement of trades and effective operation of global capital markets
What’s in it for you:
The current objective is to identify individuals with 12+ years of experience who have high expertise, to join their existing team of experts who are spread across the world. This is your opportunity to start at the beginning and get the advantages of rapid early growth. This role is based out in Gurgaon and expected to work with different teams and colleagues across the globe.
- The role shall be responsible for establishing, maintaining, socializing, and realizing the target state of Portfolio / Product Architecture for Post trade businesses of Osttra. This shall encompass all services that Osttra offers for these businesses and all the systems which enable those services.
- The role shall partner with portfolio delivery leads, programme managers, portfolio business leads and horizontal technical architects to frame the strategy, to provide solutions for planned programmes and to guide the roadmaps.
- The role shall own the technical and architectural decisions for the projects & products.
- He / she shall review the designs and own the design quality. They will ensure that there is a robust code / implementation review practice in the portfolio.
- Likewise, they shall be responsible for the robust CI / CD and robust DevSecOps engineering pipelines being used in the projects.
- He / she shall provide the ongoing support on design and architecture problems to portfolio delivery teams
- The role shall manage the tech debt log and plan for their remediation across deliveries and roadmaps.
- They shall keep an eye on the Total Cost of Ownership of the products and on the commercial hygiene in the stacks and line up the remediation measures as appropriate
- The role shall maintain the living Architecture Reference Documents for the portfolio and products within the portfolio.
- They shall actively partner with Horizontal Technical Architects to factor tech constructs within their portfolios and also to ensure the vibrant feedback to the technical strategies.
- They shall be responsible for guiding the L3 / L2 teams when needed in the resolution of the production situations and incidents.
- The role shall enable an ecosystem such that the functional API, message, data and flow models within the products of the portfolio are well documented. And shall also provide the strong governance / oversight of the same.
What We’re Looking For:
- Rich domain experience of financial services industry preferably with financial markets within Pre/post trade life cycles or large-scale Buy / Sell / Brokerage organisations
- Should have experience of leading the architecture for the portfolio of products and of large-scale change programmes.
- Should be adept with application development and engineering methods and tools.
- Should have robust experience with micro services applications and services development and integration. Should be adept with development tools, contemporary runtime, and observability stacks for micro services.
- Should have experience of modelling for APIs, Messages and may be data.
- Rich experience of architectural patterns like MVC based front end applications, API & Event driven architectures, Event streaming, Message processing/orchestrations, CQRS and possibly Event sourcing etc.
- Experience of protocols or integration technologies like HTTP, MQ, FTP, REST/API etc. .. and possibly FIX/SWIFT etc…
- Experience of messaging formats and paradigms like XSD, XML, XSLT, JSON, REST and possibly gRPC, GraphQL etc …
- Experience of technology like Kafka, Spark streams, Kubernetes / EKS, API Gateways, Web & Application servers, message queuing infrastructure, data transformation / ETL tools
- Experience of languages like Java, python; application development frameworks like Spring Boot/Family, Apache family and common place AWS / other cloud provider services.
- Experience of engineering methods like CI/CD, build deploy automation, infra as code and unit / integration testing methods and tools.
- Should have appetite to review / code for complex problems and should find interests / energy in doing design discussions and reviews.
- Experience of development with Relational databases is required and with NoSQL shall be a plus.
- Should have an active/prior experience with MVC web development or with contemporary React/Angular frameworks.
The Location: Gurgaon, India
About Company Statement:
OSTTRA is a market leader in derivatives post-trade processing, bringing innovation, expertise, processes and networks together to solve the post-trade challenges of global financial markets. OSTTRA operates cross-asset post-trade processing networks, providing a proven suite of Credit Risk, Trade Workflow and Optimisation services. Together these solutions streamline post-trade workflows, enabling firms to connect to counterparties and utilities, manage credit risk, reduce operational risk and optimise processing to drive post-trade efficiencies.
OSTTRA was formed in 2021 through the combination of four businesses that have been at the heart of post trade evolution and innovation for the last 20+ years: MarkitServ, Traiana, TriOptima and Reset. These businesses have an exemplary track record of developing and supporting critical market infrastructure and bring together an established community of market participants comprising all trading relationships and paradigms, connected using powerful integration and transformation capabilities.